Trochu Baptist has an active youth group including students from grade 7-12. For more information please check our youth Facebook Page
We are currently looking for a new associate pastor for youth and youth families. We will continue to run our youth program in the meantime until a new person has been selected for the job. Below is the job posting. Click here to download the pdf version.
Associate Pastor Job Description
Youth and Youth Families
This position will provide leadership, direction, and oversight for all youth and youth programming from grade five and above, including parenting and marriage ministry to the families of those youth.
The individual recognized as the Associate Pastor will be able to testify to their Christian faith and life as well as speak to their calling to ministry. They will be able to verbalize their theological beliefs and their approach to ministry that will form their pastoral practice. They will have and demonstrate gifts that are appropriate to their ministry and calling as pastor.
The Associate Pastor will direct and lead youth ministry for Trochu Baptist Church. The Associate Pastor shall seek to foster Christian community through building relationships with youth and their families that strengthens their faith in Jesus Christ, their commitment to their Christian walk, and their responsibilities as members of the community and church family. The Associate Pastor will develop and implement a philosophy of ministry for youth and families that is Christ centered, mission based, and that equips youth to live a life of godliness and service.
The Associate Pastor will develop strong relationships with the church leadership, the youth ministry lay volunteers, the children, and teens, as well as their parents, with the desire to help them grow in their relationship with Jesus and in their relationship with others. The Associate Pastor will purposefully and strategically train and equip key leaders and volunteers to prepare them to minister to children, youth, and parents. The Associate Pastor will develop a short-term and long-term strategy to maintain an effective and growing ministry.
The suggestion for time associated with the junior and senior youth ministry will be:
Leading and Developing Youth Ministry – 15 hours per week
Discipling and mentoring youth – 8 hours per week
Ministry to families within the youth program – 7 hours per week
Training and mentoring volunteers – 4 hours per week
Professional Development – 3 hours per week
Administrative duties and other general pastoral responsibilities – 3 hours per week
The Associate Pastor shall:
- Be an active member of the Leadership Team as well as be responsible to and report directly to the Senior Pastor.
- participate in vision planning, preaching opportunities, report on youth activities, contribute to other church initiatives
- Lead and mentor the Youth Ministry Team
- develop, promote, and coordinate a balanced program of activities and discipleship ministry to youth, as well as recruiting and training of volunteers to assist within the youth ministry.
- create outreach program, activities and events that lead youth to Christ
- plan spiritual growth programs, activities and events that include opportunities for kids to worship, fellowship with each other, learn Bible truths and apply them to their lives
- be responsible for Junior and Senior High Sunday school
- Build and maintain relationships with young people, both churched and unchurched.
- meet regularly with young people from the youth group
- seek out opportunities to build connections with young people at school, sports events, and in the community
- be available for counseling
- support youth in the school setting
- Plan and initiate ministry to parents and families of the youth within the church as well as the surrounding community.
- have regular meetings with parents, to build relationships with them as well as provide visitation in family homes to minister to the youth, their parents, and their families
- clearly share the ministry vision with parents so they understand the purpose of youth ministry
- become aware of the needs of the youth, their parents and their families
- Recruit and train volunteer leaders to assist with the ministry.
- equip parents, mentors, and other adults, as well as youth, with leadership skills to assist with the ministry, in order to build a team with consistent training and equipping
- train and involve youth and youth leaders in an outreach program to reach unchurched youth
- recruit adult mentors and prayer partners to support and care for the youth and the youth ministry
- Maintain a working relationship with the Children’s Ministry Team leader, working cooperatively to transition children into the youth ministry.
- youth ministry is responsible for youth from grade five and above
- Network with other youth workers in the local and surrounding communities.
- meet regularly with other youth workers, encouraging each other, sharing ideas and experiences
- assist with programming for and participate in area events with other youth ministries
Preferred Qualifications and Attributes:
- Family oriented, preferably married with family
- Ministry related post secondary education from a recognized Bible College and/or Seminary
- Experience in leading youth ministry within a local church
- Able to develop and mentor volunteer leaders
- Able to communicate well, proficient in writing and speaking publicly
- Able to help followers of Jesus in taking their next steps in their spiritual growth
- Able to identify needs, adapt and initiate new directions
- Able to manage time and work efficiently
- Willing to live within the Trochu Community
- Loves God
- Has and is committed to a growing, dynamic, and personal relationship with Jesus, including personal spiritual practices such as reading God’s Word, daily devotional life and an active prayer life
- Servant heart
- Humble with a teachable spirit, willing to be mentored and has a desire to continue learning and growing spiritually and professionally
- Interpersonal and emotional maturity
- Committed to the church and church family life, desires unity and to live within community. Faithful in attending and supporting the ministries of the church
- Committed to honesty and truth in ministry and personal life
- Desires healthy relationships with spouse, family, and develops friendships with others that are close and meaningful
- Understands youth culture, enjoys interacting and being with children, youth, and their families
The Associate Pastor will agree with and support the Doctrinal Statement, the Constitution, the Guidelines for Marriage, as well as the Purpose, Vision, and Mission statements of Trochu Baptist Church.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the Associate Pastor position and the general nature and level of work to be performed. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties, or responsibilities associated with the Associated Pastor position.